Joanna Hudspeth, LMT
- Lisensed Massage Therapist as of December 2014 (UT 9258144-4701)
- Graduated from the Utah College of Massage Therapy December 2014
- Completed Prenatal Massage training and internship at Salt Lake Prenatal Massage January 2015
- Completed Fertility Massage training March 2015
- Completed DONA doula training April 2015
- Loves camping, bike riding, cooking, movies, fashion, tea, essential oils, and anything pregnancy and birth!
I give a very intuitive massage. I use intuition and sense my client's energy along with their preferences to determine what areas need work, what will feel good to them, and what pressure to use on each area. My fingers are magnets for trigger points (knots). I love to find them and work them out! I also love and am very knowledgeable about anatomy and physiology so I can do a very detailed massage based on specific pain or injuries. Overall my massage is a very caring and nurturin. I don't usually use very deep pressure but can if need be. I use just enough pressure that will make you feel better (not hurt you).
Pregnancy and birth has been my passion for as long as I can remember. There is no specific reason why I love the birth world so much. It's just one of those passions that you're born with and can't explain. Although I am not a mother myself yet, I love to learn about and be surrounded by pregnancy and birth. So when I stumbled across Salt Lake Prenatal Massage's website one day, I knew I had to work there. And I impulsively signed up for massage therapy school no more than two weeks later. I'm also a huge fan of essential oils. So when I found out that Salt Lake Prenatal was too, I was sold for them all the more. I love what I do because I'm surrounded by things I love and am passionate about. And to me it is so rewarding to make people feel better everyday!