Top 10 Reasons to Use Essential Oils
by Crystal Wallentine MD, Yoga Instructor at Salt Lake Prenatal Massage and Natural Health Expert
- Place one to ten drops of doTerra Certified Therapeutic Grade essential oil inside an empty gel capsule and swallow for internal benefits.
- Add to a beverage – a drop of lemon or peppermint in water is delicious.
- Add to cooking: cream cheese icing with 3 drops of wild orange is awesome! Lemon oil can be used in place of lemon peel, etc.
- Vaginal insertion via syringe, tampon or irrigation.
- Rectal insertion, especially for respiratory problems.
- Add to dishwater, clothes washer and dryer for antibacterial properties.
- Remove paint fumes by adding one 15 mL bottle to a 5-gallon bucket of paint!
Use as an anti-bacterial hand sanitizer to strongly inhibit several multi drug resistant bacteria! (Opalchenova, et al., 2003).
Decrease perception of stress. Nurses working in an ICU setting demonstrated a decrease in feelings of stress when receiving a topical solution of Salvia sclarea (clary sage) essential oils. (Pemberton, et al. 2008).
Pain killer. Eucalyptol was found to have a pain reducing effect similar to morphine! (Liapi, et al., 2007).
Prevent getting a cold from your co-workers or children. A formulation of lemongrass and geranium oil was found to reduce airborne bacterial by 89% in an office environment after diffusion for 15 hours.
Help heal your cold sores! Helichrysum oil showed significant anti-viral activity against herpes simplex, the virus that causes cold sores. (Nostro, et al., 2003).
Relieve constipation! The use of rosemary, lemon, and peppermint oils in massage demonstrated an ability to reduce constipation and to increase bowel movements. (Kime, et al., 2005). Rub it on your/your child’s tummy diluted in olive oil.
Relieve clinical depression. Lemon oil and one of its components, citral, were found to decrease depressed behavior in rats, with an effect similar to anti-depressant drugs. (Komori, et al., 1995).
Prevent and treat acne. A gel with 5% tree tree oil was found to be as effective as a 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion to treat acne, with fewer side effects. (Bassett, et al., 1990).
Mosquito Repellent. Clove, citronella, and patchouli oils were found to effectively repel 3 species of mosquito. (Trongtokit, et al., 2005).
We are committed to teaching our clients how to use Essential Oils in their family medicine kit. We will teach you which oils to use and when, how to use them, how to dilute and apply them safely.
Contact us to purchase, register for class, or learn more. We only use and recommend doTerra Certified PURE Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils for their superior quality and purity.